The St. George's Episcopal School Arts Market
October 7, 2023 | 5-8 p.m. | Art for Art's Sake
The St. George's Episcopal School Arts Market returns for Art for Art's Sake 2023, this year falling on Saturday, October 7th. The Arts Market is open to the public from 5 - 8 p.m. and located in the St. George's gymnasium, with frontage and doors facing a popular stretch of Magazine Street. The StG gym was once an open-air market for the town of Jefferson, and our school community is excited to host another successful Arts Market in this space, celebrating student and vendor artwork, providing a forum for a well-attended school community gathering and raising funds for the St. George's Creative Arts Department.
To be considered as a vendor at the St. George's Arts Market, please complete the application below. Priority will be given to employees, students and their family members, alumni and past parents.
The vendor fee will be payable to St. George's Episcopal School following acceptance of your application. A limited number of rectangular folding tables are available at no cost to vendors. Tables must be reserved via this application and are first come, first served.
- No vendor fee applies for currently employed StG faculty and staff or currently enrolled students with the donation of one of more items valued at $20 or more for our event raffle.
- St. George's reserves the right to limit the number of student vendors and/or limit the space available to those vendors/the number of items to be sold (e.g. create a shared student vendor space within the layout) pending the quantity of applications received.
- $25 for students' family members, alumni and past parents; a donated raffle item is also requested.
- $50 for all other vendors; a donated raffle item is also requested.
Arts Market Policies and Procedures:
- Priority among applicants will be given to items handmade or written/illustrated by the vendor him/herself.
- Any food items sold at the Arts Market must be in compliance with St. George's nut-free policy; no nuts or nut butters are allowed, and an ingredients list must be provided.
- Items may not be lewd or inappropriate in nature; remember that we are a school campus!
- Upon arrival for load-in, vendors must enter St. George's gym through our General Pershing Street gym doors or via our Middle School Commons.
- Load-in may begin at 4 p.m. on the day of the market. Vendors may set up in assigned locations only. StG representatives will be available to assist you with finding your location.
- St. George's will endeavor to establish a reserved load-in space on General Pershing Street outside of the gym doors but cannot guarantee this.
- Displays must be completely ready for patronage by 5 p.m.
- Vendors will provide all necessary display materials to properly showcase their work with the exception of first-come, first-served tables.
- Vendors are responsible for their own transactions. St. George's strongly recommends the use of receipts.
- Vendors will remain open to the public for the duration of the Arts Market, and promptly begin taking down and packing all art and display materials at 8 p.m. All vendors and their materials must be off campus by 8:30 p.m.
- Vendors are responsible for disposing all trash in their area and leaving a clear, clean space.
- The following items are prohibited: amplified music, megaphones, pets (except assistance dogs), nuts or nut butters, cigarettes/cigars/e-cigs and weapons of any kind.
- St. George's Episcopal School reserves the right to alter these policies and procedures at any time; changes will be communicated via email to confirmed vendors.