Dragon Care 2020
Dragon Camp 2020 Becomes Dragon Care
With Louisiana easing its stay-at-home restrictions and entering Phase One of its reopening plan, we have considered seriously how we can offer summer programming with reasonable safety measures. This website and our policies document outline changes that we intend for our summer program, which we are renaming “Dragon Care.” Dragon Care is going to feel different than our regular camp programming, which is one of a few reasons for the program’s name change this summer. Our goal is to provide a fun and loving atmosphere to the children we serve while also taking reasonable, recommended care to prevent the spread of illness. For our June and July sessions of Dragon Care, we are able to confirm enrollment for children returning to St. George’s in the fall, as well as their siblings who are already registered. We are maintaining our currently existing waitlist and providing non-St. George's families who had previously enrolled with the option of joining the waitlist. Any additional available spots in our classes will be offered based on the needs of the class. St. George’s families on our waitlist will be considered first; then we will consider families on the waitlist with children attending other schools in the fall. If you have not yet expressed interest in joining the waitlist but would like to do so now, please click HERE.
Here are a few of the most notable changes that we will make to camp:
- To allow for more flexibility in our enrollment process, children may be placed in a group with mixed ages (e.g. 2s/3s mixed or Pre-K4/K mixed).
- All enrolled children must register for five full-days.
- No refunds will be given for families who confirm their child’s spot in our June session; families confirming enrollment for July will have until June 15 to cancel and receive a full refund.
- The first two days of camp (June 8-9) will be a slow opening, during which we will phase-in children arriving on campus. Parents should prepare for regular care to begin on Wednesday, June 10.
- We will not offer After Care during our June session. As we develop our plans for carpool, we will likely stagger arrival and pick-up times.
- In order to offset the cleaning costs associated with camp, families will be charged an additional cleaning fee at a rate of $25 per week per child.
If your child or someone in your immediate family is part of a vulnerable or high-risk group (such as older adults or those with serious underlying medical conditions), we strongly recommend that you talk to a healthcare provider.
For those enrolled at St. George’s this summer, you are choosing to be part of our summer community. We ask that each of you continue to act out of an abundance of caution to prevent yourself and your immediate family members from becoming sick. This means continuing to practice social distancing “Phase One” measures, as outlined by the Mayor of New Orleans, while your child is at camp. This also means keeping your child home if anyone in your family develops even minor symptoms.
We ask for your continued understanding and patience as we implement new policies and procedures that we believe will keep our children and staff healthy this summer. We are committed to following the recommendations of federal, state and local health authorities. We also ask for your adaptability in this ever-changing situation.
2020 Dragon Care Dates and Hours
- Session 1: June 8 - July 3 (4 weeks)
- Session 2: July 13 - 31 (3 weeks)
Dragon Care Tuition (not including the new $25/week cleaning fee)
|5 Full Days - available to all campers||$1,100||$825|
A $25 non-refundable registration fee (per camper) will be charged.
Join the Waitlist
Registration has closed; however, we maintain a wait list. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please click here.
Age of Enrollment
Dragon Camp enrolls children beginning at 12 months of age through rising second grade. If your child is 12 months by June 8, s/he is eligible for both sessions. If your child is 12 months by July 13, s/he is eligible for Session 2 only.
For correct classroom placement, select the appropriate age/grade level your child will be entering for the 2020-2021 school year.