The St. George's Episcopal School Arts Market
October 1, 2022 | 6-9 p.m. | Art for Art's Sake
The St. George's Episcopal School Arts Market is an arts celebration held once per year to coincide with Art for Art's Sake, this year falling on Saturday, October 1st. The Arts Market is open to the public from 6 - 9 p.m. and located in the St. George's gymnasium, with frontage and doors facing a popular stretch of Magazine Street. The StG gym was once an open-air market for the town of Jefferson, and our school community is excited to host our first-ever Arts Market in this space, celebrating student and vendor artwork, providing a forum for a well-attended school community gathering and raising funds for the St. George's Creative Arts Department.
To be considered as a vendor at the St. George's Arts Market, please complete the application below. Priority will be given to employees, students and their family members, alumni and past parents.
The vendor fee will be payable to St. George's Episcopal School following acceptance of your application.
- $20 for employees, students and their family members, alumni and past parents.
- $40 for all other vendors.
- Optional: $5 fee to use a St. George's rectangular folding table; table availability is limited.
- Optional: $5 electricity fee; availability is limited.
Arts Market Policies and Procedures:
- Only items handmade or written/illustrated by the vendor will be approved.
- Any food items sold at the Arts Market must be in compliance with St. George's nut-free policy; no nuts or nut butters are allowed, and an ingredients list must be provided.
- Items may not be lewd or inappropriate in nature; remember that we are a school campus!
- Upon arrival for load-in, vendors must enter St. George's gym through our General Pershing Street gym doors or via our Middle School Commons.
- Load-in may begin at 5 p.m. on the day of the market. Vendors may set up in assigned locations only. StG representatives will be available to assist you with finding your location.
- During load-in, if a vehicle must be moved quickly, vendors may unload their items in the Middle School Commons, move their vehicle and come back to move items from the Commons to the gym. Vendors may not unload and leave items unattended inside of the gym doors.
- Displays must be completely ready for patronage by 6 p.m.
- Vendors will provide all necessary display materials to properly showcase their work. St. George's has a limited number of rectangular folding tables available to rent during the event.
- Vendors are responsible for their own transactions. St. George's strongly recommends the use of receipts.
- Vendors will remain open to the public for the duration of the Arts Market, and promptly begin taking down and packing all art and display materials at 9 p.m. All vendors and their materials must endeavor to be off campus by 9:30 p.m.
- Vendors are responsible for disposing all trash in their area and leaving a clear, clean space.
- The following items are prohibited: amplified music, megaphones, pets (except assistance dogs), nuts or nut butters, cigarettes/cigars/e-cigs and weapons of any kind.
- St. George's Episcopal School reserves the right to alter these policies and procedures at any time; changes will be communicated via email to confirmed vendors.