Who We Are
At St. George’s Episcopal School, we believe confidence is the cornerstone for success in education and life. Since 1969, our rigorous academic environment has focused on utilizing small group learning to encourage our students to explore the world around them.
At St. George’s Episcopal School, we are proud to fully develop, not merely educate, each student.
Our low student-to-teacher ratio enables us to provide an unmatched level of attention and personal interaction so that each student gains the confidence to achieve his or her fullest potential. Our philosophy looks beyond test scores, focusing on developing creativity, determination and a strong sense of self-worth and moral responsibility at school and in the larger community.
We stand out in the community in the following ways:
- Small, flexibly-leveled reading and math groups starting in kindergarten
- Project-based learning
- Creative Arts electives for Middle School
- SPARK enrichment clusters for Lower School
- Highly trained and dedicated faculty
- Communication between teachers and parents
We Accomplish Our Goals...
- By being small and independent, focusing the scope and sequence of our school to tailor programs and objectives to our own particular community of children. We maintain small learning environments by providing a low student-to-teacher ratio.
- By offering a curriculum firmly grounded in the basics, with emphasis given to reading, language arts and mathematics. This emphasis is balanced by a strong commitment to the fine arts and sciences.
- By including in the curriculum programs to stimulate creativity, self-growth, physical development and personal enrichment.
- By providing support services when needed through the school's Resource Services Department, integrated into the classroom curriculum.
- By fostering the family model of mutual concern, totally involving the administration, parents, teachers and children in our educational process.
- By acknowledging that we are all – students, teachers, parents – children of God, subject to blessings that come through a life of faith within one's religion and service to others.
Where Are They Now?
St. George's Episcopal School serves students from age 1 through 8th grade. After graduating from St. George's, these talented individuals go on to the most prestigious high schools in the Greater New Orleans area. Last year, 100% of our 8th graders were accepted into their 1st choice high school.