What We Do
We excel in educating children. At St. George's, each child grows academically, creatively, emotionally and spiritually, while developing a sense of self-worth and moral responsibility. We recognize that no two children are alike; each one possesses a fascinating combination of gifts and challenges. We serve a blend of learning profiles in a family-like atmosphere of care and concern with a highly trained and dedicated faculty. Together, we embody perseverance, integrity, compassion and respect– values that foster lifelong learning and success.
We Accomplish These Goals...
- By being small and independent, focusing the scope and sequence of our school to tailor programs and objectives to our own particular community of children. We maintain small learning environments by providing a low student-to-teacher ratio.
- By offering a curriculum firmly grounded in the basics, with emphasis given to reading, language arts and mathematics. This emphasis is balanced by a strong commitment to the fine arts and sciences.
- By including in the curriculum programs to stimulate creativity, self-growth, physical development and personal enrichment.
- By providing support services when needed through the school's Resource Services Department, integrated into the classroom curriculum.
- By fostering the family model of mutual concern, totally involving the administration, parents, teachers and children in our educational process.
- By acknowledging that we are all – students, teachers, parents – children of God, subject to blessings that come through a life of faith within one's religion and service to others.